Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pieces of Me - Day 3 and 4

Whoops! I miss posting my pictures yesterday. I am currently split between two households while I house/dog sit. Two of the images are not from my home but they are from a place I frequently stay, so they are a part of me and and my life.

What else have I been doing with my time? Relaxing in a beautiful garden and bird watching! Not that I know how to identify all of the birds I'm seeing, but I do love seeing them fly around enjoying the summer as much as I am. Hummingbirds are some of my favorite with their tiny little bodies and amazingly fast wings. They are so humbling to watch.




4 comments:

  1. Did you capture that hummingbird perching on the feeder? That is in.cred.ible!

    Dad and I have one that we like to watch at coffee time, it likes our fuchsias and we think it is nesting in the birch tree by the driveway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :) I spent about an hour standing by that feeder with my camera ready to go. I got a lot of pictures but most of them were blurry because they move SO fast. Oooo, a nest! How cool!

      Delete
  2. Jordy says that is a rufous hummingbird! :) I was just checking out your blog to look for updates while we get ready to go out. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wondered if that is what it was just because I hear people talking about that species a lot, haha. I really need to learn my birds :( I also need to update my blog really bad.... This summer has been so full of events and adventures that I haven't had the time. Can't complain about having too much fun though! Love you too! Look forward to seeing you next week and catching up :D

      Delete